What You Need
Laundry basket, balled-up socks.
What You Do
Place the laundry basket in the center of the room. Direct your child to walk 10 paces directly away from it. Then explain the game: You’ll ask the following questions. If they get a question wrong, you’ll give them the correct answer and move on to the next question. If they get a question right, they get one point and a chance to try to toss a pair of socks into the basket. If they get the socks into the basket, they get an extra point (two points total). Keep track of your child’s score as you go.
- True or false: On the night Jesus was arrested, Peter told everyone that Jesus was his best friend. (False; Peter said that he didn’t even know Jesus.)
- True or false: After Jesus died and came back to life, Peter and his friends got on a boat to go fishing. (True)
- After Peter and his friends fished all night, they caught: a) no fish, b) a few fish, or c) a ton of fish? (a. no fish)
- True or false: After they were done fishing, they looked on the shore and saw Jesus standing there. (True; but they didn’t recognize who He was)
- What happened when the disciples threw their nets on the right side of the boat? (The net was so full of fish that they couldn’t get it into the boat!)
- What did Peter do when he realized it was Jesus on the shore? (He put on his coat and jumped into the water.)
- When Peter and his friends got to the beach, what was Jesus doing? (cooking breakfast)
- True or false: When Jesus told Peter to “feed my lambs,” He meant that He had some pet lambs at home and He needed someone to take care of them.(False; He meant that Peter should take care of the people following Jesus)
- Did Jesus forgive Peter for saying that he didn’t know Jesus? (Yes)
Talk about the Bible Story
What did Peter do to Jesus? How did Jesus react? (Peter said three times that he didn’t know Jesus. Jesus forgave His friend.)
Have you ever had to forgive a friend? What happened?
Have you ever had to ask for forgiveness from a friend? How did it feel?
How can you show forgiveness to a friend by more than just accepting their apology?
What can you do when you forgive
a friend but they keep hurting you in the same way? (If someone keeps showing you that they’re not a good friend, you can choose wisely about the time you spend with them. Ask an adult you trust for advice and